The Parramatta YCW) is looking to employ a Youth Engagement Officer (YEO) whose work “will focus on engaging and forming young people in individual and collective actions that will transform their lives and the communities they live and work in.”
The role is a 2 year fixed contract position for 38 hours a week Monday – Sunday, according to an advertisement placed on Ethical Jobs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in recruiting and working with young people in short and long term projects, develop strategic plans of action and coordinate events.
- Understand the issues facing young workers and be able to engage young adults in community based activities and actions addressing these social and workplace issues.
- Establish teams of leaders for the ongoing development and growth of YCW’s activities and actions
- Facilitate the growth of faith-values among young adults through a process of action-reflection in small groups and complementary training
- Have some experience planning and writing grant applications.
- Have an understanding of how to coordinate social media campaigns
- The YEO will work closely with and report to the PYCW Leaders Team.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and engage young adults (18 – 30) in community activities and action.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and develop teams of volunteers, including individual leadership skills and commitment to social change.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with vulnerable young people and a belief in social justice principles.
- An ability and commitment to working within a Christian faith based organisation while being inclusive of those from other beliefs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to work across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
NSW Driver’s Licence.
Youth Engagement Officer (Parramatta YCW/Ethical Jobs)